yes, yes, I was enjoying a little word play above… But seriously, the color combo in these roasted root vegetables is pretty ridiculously beautiful- I just had to sneak one more “r” in…
This is a super easy, super straightforward dish. It is a very impressive looking and tasting side. It can be cooked ahead and reheated. It is perfect for none other than……… Thanksgiving!
The colors are festive and evocative of fall. The flavors are earthy and not overwhelming. The addition of fresh rosemary “fancies” it up. It’s just darn good…
Here is what I did:
Roasted Rosemary Root Vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Chop all root vegetables to similar sizes for even cooking. I aim for 1/2″ thick pieces
- Place on roasting pan or cookie sheet and combine with coconut oil
- Liberally salt and pepper
- Toss the vegetables one last time to evenly distribute oil and seasonings
- Cook for 60 minutes or longer if necessary. Stir every 20 minutes
- When all vegetables are fork tender remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped rosemary
Save one last little sprig to garnish the top. This dish is just so vivid in color. It makes my senses happy every time I make and eat it.