Do you have a day packed with energy-draining activities and did not eat your breakfast? If it did not work out so well on your tummy and energy level, it’s because missing breakfast can affect your whole day’s energy. This is why skipping even a Paleo breakfast is never a good idea.
Of course, there are also other things that your body can experience when you haven’t had a decent breakfast. There are several reasons why a fresh and healthy breakfast is beneficial for your body and these reasons have been proven by studies made by researchers and medical experts. I’ve been through rough days without breakfast, too, and tiring is the kindest way to describe it. And because of this, I have decided never to face another day where I’ve skipped breakfast. I have gathered recipes that are both nutritious and energy packed. One dish, in particular, is what I have included here.
But before we go to the recipe, here are a few things that you need to know about breakfast. These facts will change the way you start your day and you’ll definitely see a great difference in your days as you get used to having healthy breakfast in the mornings.
Boosts Energy Level
I have mentioned this above and I still included it here because it matters a lot. Without the right amount of energy to start your day, you’ll find yourself craving more food yet this additional food won’t help to boost your energy levels at all. Your body goes on fasting every time you sleep, and a meal right after it will get all your organs working and break the fasting mode it is in (thus, the word “breakfast”). The food you eat at breakfast will be your body’s first energy boost and it will utilize it effectively until the next meal.
If you want to have control over your cholesterol levels, then having breakfast is a great start. A good breakfast includes foods that are rich in protein, vitamins and essential nutrients that help with eliminating bad cholesterol and producing higher levels of good cholesterol. There are studies that prove the association of lower blood sugar, lower chances of hypertension and lower insulin resistance to eating a healthy breakfast daily.
Enhances Your Memory
If you notice how short-term memory and other cognitive functions improve when you had breakfast, it is because eating breakfast boost your brain’s activity by restoring the right glucose levels to your brain. With the right amount of energy, your brain will have enough energy for it to function properly throughout the day. Not only does a Paleo breakfast keep your cognitive function in check, it also helps keep your stress level low and improves your mood.
Keeps Your Metabolism In Check
If you are trying to lose weight, then you need to eat breakfast daily. Because the energy you need is boosted at the start of your day. Your metabolism will be right on track, burning the food you ate during breakfast effectively and continue burning food that you will eat throughout the day. And since you are already full in the morning, you will barely crave more between meals.
Now that you know the benefits of not skipping your breakfast, we go back to our recipe. I found this recipe in a very peculiar way, whilst reading a Music and Fashion site run by Morgan Joanel. I became very interested in this recipe since it is not only easy to make but also undeniably suitable for the Paleo diet. I tested it over the weekend and voila! Another breakfast favorite for the family was born. This perfect breakfast can complement any choice of drink you may have. Plus you can turn it into a snack bar that you can bring along and eat while on the go.
So without further ado, here is the Paleo Mojo Muesli that you can do for you and your loved ones’ breakfast.
- 1 Cup (237 g) Cashew Nuts
- 1 Cup (237 g) Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Cup (237 g) Coconut Flakes
- 1 Cup (237 g) Almonds – Slivered
- ½ Cup (118 g) Hazelnuts
- ½ Cup (118 g) Walnuts
- 1 ½ Cups (355 g) Almond Meal
- 1 Cup (237 g) Organic Berry Mix
- ½ Cup (118 g) Dried Baby Figs – Diced (You can replace these with fresh figs instead! The fresher the better!)
- ½ Cup (118 g) Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Teaspoon (5 ml) Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tablespoon (15 g) Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Raw Honey
- Pinch of Salt
- • We are using the oven for this recipe, so it is a must to preheat your oven. Preheat to 180°C.
- • Prepare the large nuts first, crushing the nuts according to your preference.
- • In a large bowl, mix the crushed nuts, berries, almond meal and coconut flakes.
- • Add the cinnamon, salt and vanilla essence to mixed nuts. Remembering to mix them together well.
- • In a small pan, heat the coconut oil and honey until they have melted. Pour into the bowl of nuts and mix well to coat everything.
- • Prepare some baking paper on a tray. Then pour the mixture on the paper and spread it out evenly
- • Toast in the oven for about 10 minutes or just until you see the mixture begin to turn brown.
- • Let it cool before cutting the muesli according to your desired size.
- • Serve and enjoy with your favorite breakfast Paleo drink or smoothie!
This is definitely a dish worth waking up to in the morning. Kids will love it and rushing adults will definitely find it convenient to eat. The ingredients in this recipe are not only tasty but also very healthy because of the nuts and seeds. Nuts and seeds are a great source of healthy oils, fiber, and anti-inflammatory nutrients. These can keep your heart healthy, build healthier muscles, keep your metabolism in check and your whole body free from pain and inflammation.
Nuts and seeds also bring out that natural nutty taste in any dish that is simply irresistible for any person of any age. So before going to work, give a little time to this nutritious Paleo food recipe and you’ll definitely have an energized body for a better, more productive day.