Last night I got a request from one of my favorite ladies from my CrossFit box. She was looking for a spicy eggplant recipe. The first thing that came to mind for me was a spicy baba ghanoush so this afternoon I hit the kitchen for a few minutes, worked for 30 minutes while the eggplant roasted, then went back in for a few and came up with this.
Enjoy it, Judy!!!
- Preheat oven to 400
- Prick eggplant on all sides and place in the oven on a cookie sheet to roast for 30 minutes
- Prick jalapenos and place on the same cookie sheet when there are 10 minutes left on the eggplant
- At 30 minutes remove eggplant and submerge in cold water (a bowl or CLEAN sink)
- Skin the eggplant and place in a bowl (if using an immersion blender) or blender
- Remove jalapenos and remove the stem of one, Add the ENTIRE Jalapeno to the same bowl/blender. If you prefer to split it open and remove the veins and seeds for less spice.
- Add all remaining ingredients
- Blend until smooth
- Enjoy with carrots, pepper sticks, celery, or in the words of Fancy Nancy, other crudites….