Want to have a wonderful toast in the morning, but don’t know how to make delicious Paleo bread? Look no further! Here is an easy but healthy and tasty Paleo bread for you.
Because all grain-based flour is not Paleo you might think that the Paleo diet will dissatisfy you in terms of bread, but you are wrong. If not you, then someone in your family will definitely want to have toast along with their bacon in the morning. There are many recipes in the Paleo diet for bread that will not disappoint. These bread recipes are not bland and can be considered as some of the best and healthiest.
Because the ingredients needed in this bread recipe are all Paleo, we have made sure to include some healthy alternatives for you to use, one of which is chia seeds. This Paleo bread recipe needs ground flaxseed or flax meal meaning it is grain free. Ground flax is known to become gelatinous when mixed with water and can be a better option than eggs.
No ground flax? No worries, you can use ground chia seeds instead. Although Paleo accepted and naturally healthy, ground chia seeds are actually more powerful than ground flaxseed, so you will need to use less of them.
- 2 Cups (280 g) of Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup (28.75 g) Golden Flax meal, or about 5/8 Cup (71.88 g) Chia Seed, also Ground
- 1/2 Teaspoon (2.5 g) Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon (1.25 g) Salt
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Honey
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Apple Cider Vinegar
- First and foremost, preheat the oven before baking. This makes the process of baking bread easier and will help to produce scrumptious bread or baked goods of any kind.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius.
- First, mix the dry ingredients together. You can use a food processor for doing this.
- Place all the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal or ground chia seeds) into a food processor and turn on to the pulse setting. Keep the food processor turned on until all the ingredients are combined together.
- Once you’ve mixed all the dry ingredients together, now add the coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and eggs. Turn to pulse again and leave on until a smooth batter is created.
- Grease a loaf tin, (preferably one that is 7.5 x 3.5).
- Make sure it is greased well but not too much otherwise your bread will become oily.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remember the toothpick technique?
- You can use either a toothpick or a skewer to check if your bread is ready after it has been in the oven for 30 minutes. Just simply insert the toothpick or skewer into the centre of the bread. If it comes out clean you know the bread is ready. If the toothpick or skewer doesn’t come out clean allow the bread to cook for a further 5 minutes. Then check once again. Remember to use a clean toothpick or skewer.
- Now allow the bread to cool before then serving!
The Paleo bread in this recipe will have all the fluffy goodness you want from your bread without the guilt! The honey will add the right type of sweetness and the flour and ground seeds you will use will add to the nuttiness. The flavor and the aroma of this grain-free bread can entice you to eat it even on its own. What’s best about this bread is you can do it ahead of time and use it for a toast in the morning. Surely, this bread deserves to be on your breakfast menu.