Paleo Style Garlic Bread
Whether you have soup or meatballs with spaghetti, having garlic bread on the side just makes the meal superb. But you’re on a Paleo diet and it doesn’t seem proper to have garlic bread, right? Wrong! Enjoying garlic bread whilst leading a Paleo lifestyle is not only healthy but also easy to make. With garlic as your main ingredient, you can’t go wrong.
If you have enjoyed pasta before going Paleo, one side dish might have caught your attention equally or even more than the pasta. This side dish captures our taste buds because of its main ingredient. The taste of garlic is very inviting in this bread and it is something you might have been missing out on after going on this diet since strictly speaking bread is not allowed on the Paleo diet. But this is Paleo, and with this diet, there are ways of making bread without all the unnecessary ingredients, so making garlic bread will never be a problem.
When it comes to garlic bread, it’s not just the bread that counts, but more about the taste and smell of garlic on the bread. The strong yet inviting smell strengthens our appetite, making us crave more food and readies our stomach for the main course. Garlic is not just an inviting taste on the bread, it is also a healthy Paleo diet food list that provides health benefits to our bodies. Although some may not like garlic, others chew them like candy and benefit from the nutritious properties of this bulb.
Garlic is a close cousin to onions, leeks, chives, and shallots, so you don’t have to wonder why the smell and taste of this common ingredient are strong. We use garlic in almost all parts of the world and in virtually every cuisine. Experts found proof that garlic has been used by humans as food flavoring and medicine for over 7,000 years. Ancient Egypt and Ancient China are two of the most prominent countries that used garlic in their daily lives. Though there are some conflicts whether we can call garlic a vegetable or spice, one thing that experts do agree on is its many health benefits.
But before we go into the benefits of garlic, here is a garlic bread recipe that will definitely be a regular part of your Paleo or Caveman diet meals.
- ½ Cup (120 ml) Palm Shortening or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Organic if possible)
- ½ Cup (120 ml) Water
- ¼ Cup (96 g) Tapioca Flour
- 1/3 Cup (32 g) Coconut Flour
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon (5 g) Sea Salt
- ½ Teaspoon (2.5 g) Italian Seasoning
- ½ Teaspoon (2.5 g) Fresh Garlic – Chopped
- • Prepare the things you will need to make the Paleo style garlic bread. Preheat your oven to 350°F or 180°C. Also, grease a baking pan where you will place your garlic bread for baking and set it aside.
- • In a small pan, mix the palm shortening or extra virgin olive oil together with water and sea salt. Place the pan over medium heat and leave until mixture boils. Once the mixture has boiled remove from the heat.
- • Add the chopped garlic and tapioca flour to the mixture in the pan. Mix everything well and let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- • Once the mixture has rested, you may now add the egg, Italian seasoning, and coconut flour. Mix everything well and this should cause a dough forming.
- • When mixed well remove from the pan and knead the dough for 1 minute.
- • Once you get dough right, take about an inch of the dough and roll it into a ball. Place the dough ball on the prepared greased baking pan.
- • Repeat this until you use all the dough. Make sure you place enough space between each dough ball on the tray. If you can prefer you can make just one loaf of bread.
- • Place the tray with dough balls in the oven. Bake the garlic bread for 30-40 minutes or until the bread turns golden brown in colour.
- • Remove the bread from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- • Serve together with your Paleo pasta or soup and enjoy!
Why Eat More Paleo Garlic Bread
This Paleo diet garlic bread brings out the best in a meal and brings you better health. More than just an added flavor, garlic provides the body with several benefits that should lead to you placing garlic at the top of your food list. Here are five amazing health benefits of garlic that can surely play a big part in making your body healthy in the smallest and biggest ways.
Helps Prevent Simple To Degenerative Diseases
Want to prevent yourself from getting a simple cold? Add garlic into your next meal. Want to prevent the risks of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia? A regular dose of garlic can do the trick. Garlic contains high levels of antioxidants which can promote better brain health and improve the immune system. The antioxidants in garlic are strong enough to even lower the risk of cancer. You can also thank the natural anti-viral contents of garlic which helps keep viruses at bay. If you have also been suffering from inflammation, garlic can help in reducing the swelling of the inflamed part of your body.
Lowers Blood Pressure And Risk Of Heart Diseases
If you have heard some people chewing on garlic to lower their blood pressure, they are doing it right. Garlic has active compounds, particularly polysulfides or sulfur, which activates the production of muscle relaxants which relaxes the muscles and widens the blood vessels. Because of garlic’s antioxidants, it also helps the body get rid of unwanted fat deposits. Garlic has compounds that help lower the LDL or the bad cholesterol in the liver which improves the health of arteries, blood vessels, and the whole cardiovascular system. There are several studies that suggest garlic is more potent than other prescribed medicines for blood pressure and other medications for the heart.
Grow Stronger Bones
One nutrient that garlic is rich with is manganese, and manganese is helpful in forming stronger bones and connective tissues. Manganese also contains antioxidants and enzymes which help in bone metabolism and allows the body to absorb calcium better. If you also need your bones strong for physical activities, garlic can back you up effectively.
Detox From Heavy Metals
Heavy metal poisoning can be deadly and having a remedy on hand can save a life. There are significant studies made to determine the possibility of using garlic to detoxify heavy metal poisoning and the results showed the significance of taking garlic regularly. This is how strong garlic is.
Hello Healthy Hair And Goodbye Annoying Acne
If you have been having issues with acne and brittle, lifeless hair, then add garlic to your daily meals and see the improvement it will give to your skin and hair. Allicin in garlic is just one of its medicinal compounds that actively stops the damage caused by free radicals and bacteria to the skin. The improvements to your hair when you regularly have garlic is caused by the keratin found in its sulfur content. Hair is composed of keratin, which makes the hair strong, healthy and grow regularly.
Although there are many garlic supplements available in the market, if you don’t mind the smell, having the real thing is much better. Add it into your meals, sauté it with your favorite veggies and add it into your Paleo style bread, just like the kinds of Paleo diet recipes above, and you can get daily protection for your body against diseases while promoting a better, longer life. So don’t forget to add garlic to your Paleo food list when you next go shopping.