Paleo Diet - What Kind Can You Follow

6 Kinds Of Paleo Diet You Can Follow

Paleo Diet – What Are Your Choices

For most Americans, they choose to follow a diet that is destructive.  The SAD (Standard American Diet) is one that can prove detrimental to a person’s health for several reasons.  Yet by choosing to follow a Paleo diet can help to improve their health.

But many people aren’t interested in following such a lifestyle as they see it as a fad.  Also, they believe it will only make them feel worse than they already do.

This isn’t the case.  If you were to follow a Paleo diet, you aren’t just investing in your health but also your future.  This is because this diet makes sure you eat foods that are nutritious.  Ones that will equip your body with what it needs to work effectively.

The great thing about the Paleo diet is that you can customize it to suit your particular needs.  I’ve customized mine to ensure that I get minerals and vitamins my body needs.  Ones that will help my body to produce hormones it needs as I go through the menopause.   

If you are only just thinking about going Paleo, I list the kinds of diets you can follow.

1.  Basic Paleo Diet

This is a no-frills diet.  It is the one that excludes dairy, grains, and soy, and all processed and refined foods.   Plus, you will no longer eat any fake fats like vegetable oil when you follow this diet.

Paleo Diet - Roast Turkey

2.  80/20

Many Paleo dieters considered this to be old school.  Here you are expected to be Paleo 80% of the time.  As for the other 20% of the time, it is acceptable to eat non-Paleo foods.  Ideal for those who want to provide support to other people on it.  I chose this way as I wanted to provide my husband with support.  He had followed it to lose weight.   Someone suggested it to him as a suitable lifestyle.

3.  Autoimmune

More often referred to as AIP.  This Paleo diet removes certain foods associated with inflammatory conditions.  Suitable for people suffering from eczema, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, IBS, Chron’s disease or MS.

With this Paleo diet, the exclusion of all foods classed as nightshades.  So we cannot eat tomatoes, peppers, etc.  The same also goes for eggs, nuts, and seeds.

4.  Primal

Like a Paleo diet but allows certain foods.  Foods such as organic, raw dairy products, some legumes, and soy products that are fermented.

Paleo Diet Food

Other than these differences you’ll find with this diet is still following the same principles of the basic Paleo diet.

5.  Ketogenic

This is a low-carb diet, that helps the body reach a state of ketosis.  Your primary source of fuel comes from fat rather than glucose.

For anyone who has large amounts of fat to lose, they often choose to follow this diet plan.

6.  Pegan Diet

Also known as Paleo Vegan.  Within this diet, it allows no animal-based foods.  So your diet would be made up of only plant-based ingredients.  Many Paleo experts feel this diet isn’t suitable for those with chronic health problems.  The same goes for anyone with autoimmune problems.

Avoid Eating Too Many Carbs

So Which Diet Should You Follow?

From the outset, I would suggest you follow either the 80/20 or the basic plan.  Doing this won’t be so hard and gives you time to adjust to your new lifestyle.

Giving up foods you’ve been eating all your life can feel big, I know I did.  Instead, rather than removing all such foods at once, do things slowly.  You’ll find it is much easier to then stick to your new Paleo diet and lifestyle.

You may not notice any real changes in the first couple of weeks, but things will get better.   Also, discuss changing to such a diet with your doctor.  This is important if you have any health issues at the moment.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top